A while back I got nominated for a Liebster Award by hankimi91 @ dramajjang – thank you very kamsa!
I’m not going to nominate anyone myself this time but here are finally my aswers for hanakimi91’s questions:
1. What was the first drama you watched and how you ended up watching it?
Well, I already answered this in the Sisterhood post so I’ll just copy and paste… My gateway drug to the world of dramas in general was The Legend (k-drama). Way back when the drama community in LJ was still quite active, someone on my f-list posted a set of gorgeous icons. I asked her what show/movie they were from as I’d love to watch it. She pointed me to the right direction and the rest, as they say, is history. ^^ My first j-drama was probably KimuTaku’s Pride but that came quite a bit later. For the life of me I can’t remember the first c-drama I watched but I’m pretty sure it was something overly saccharine and fluffy.
2. Was there a drama/movie you felt described your life or your situation the most, or a character of the drama/movie you felt he/she was a lot like you at a certain period of time?
3. What time of the day you enjoy watching dramas/movies the most?
Any time! Ha ha!
5. Favourite food/sweets to eat while watching dramas/movies.
I don’t usually eat anything while watching but if I do it depends on the time of the day and if I’ve already have my regular meal. Weekends I might make some coffee and have that with whatever sweet thing I may have available.
6. Did you change your fashion style after getting into Asian culture? If you did, how you changed?
Nope. Asian styles just aren’t my thing at all. I practically live in jeans, I have far too many pairs, in different colors (though most tend to be blue) and textures, full length and capris. I do wear skirts or dresses during summer if it gets hot but that’s about it. I tried to picture myself in the styles I see Asian ladies of my age wearing and just died laughing. No, just no. XD
7. Do you ever feel that drama/movies boyfriends makes it hard to choose a boyfriend in real life because of the perfection.
Hmmm…. could be but I’m kinda picky to start with so it’s not like dramas have made that big a difference, ha.
8. Choose a song that describes your life now.
Can’t think of any that’ll fit.
9. What’s your favourite movie of all times and why?
There are a couple I like a lot and do re-watch from time to time (e.g. Indian Summer, Beautiful Girls, That Thing You Do, the orignal Star Wars movies…) but I don’t have a particular favorite to top them all. Funny thing is that they are all form way back, I haven’t really been impressed with anything in the past 10-15 years and don’t actually watch that many movies anymore.
10. Did you read as a kid, what books do you remember and why?
Hell yeah! I learned to read when I was around 4-5 and my mother told me that I’ve loved books since I was a wee baby, even before I learned my letters. She used to sit me on a blanket on the floor with plenty of kiddie books and I would be totally happy for ages. Both my parents are avid readers so I guess I inherited my love for books from them. I don’t really remember any books from when I was very small but I do remember loving anything with adventure when I got a bit older. Back in the day books in libraries were often categorized in “girls’ books and boys’ books” and it was the boys’ section I usually headed for first. There was a time I was totally hooked on westerns, dem cowboys and injuns and gunslingers, LOL! I’ve also always loved anything with historical settings.